Are you looking for aerial silks and lyra (hoop)? Click here to read more about our offerings.
Listed below are the classes we offer. As we are catering for everyone from beginners to experts, we have broken down what skills are required for each level.
- Beginners Class
- Beginner/Intermediate (Bridging Class)
- Intermediate/Advanced (Bridging Class)
- Private Classes
- Corporate Hire
If you have done pole before and are unsure of what level you should book into, we offer grading sessions on request.
* Once you have mastered a level you will be eligible to graduate to the next level.
For our beginners classes there are no prerequisites. All we ask is that you come to class with an open mind and try your best.
You’ll get to know the basics. Your clothing should have the back of knees exposed – this gives you the freedom to move on the pole.
The types of things you’ll learn in this class are:
- Basic body strength training
- Floor work
- Walking around the pole
- Body rolls
- Dip and folds
- Basic pole spins
- Dismounts to the floor
- Fan kicks
- Starting to go upside down
Master these and you’ll be ready to move to the next level!
Beginner/Intermediate (Bridging Class)
In the bridging class, you will take the skills learned from beginners and start building on them with slightly more difficult variations.
This is the level where you will become comfortable upside down and develop increased strength and flexibility.
It is time to move to this level when you have mastered the following;
- Competent with basic beginner spins
- Ability to climb to the roof comfortably on both sides
- Basic legs on invert on both sides
- Flatline on both sides comfortably
- 10 pull-ups from the ground with feet resting on the floor
- Sit on pole comfortably
The intermediate class caters to those who have done beginners and bridging terms or done pole in the past.
In this class we will expect a little more from you, we will help you become more comfortable with your upside down moves and teach a few trickier combos.
We recommend that you have done at least 2 terms of beginners or bridging or completed a pole dancing class in the past before enrolling in this class.
Like the beginners and bridging class we will help you reach that next level of strength and flexibility and ingrain it all with a short routine.
To move into this level from bridging it is important to have mastered the following;
- Holding upside down V on both sides and hanging by legs upside down comfortably
- Outside and inside leg hangs both sides confidently and ability to switch between the two
- 10 pull-ups from ground with 1 leg in the air
- Willow/Butterfly comfortably
- Sit pull up climb to roof
- Full straight leg Jamilla ability to hold for 3 rotations on both sides
- Starting to do shouldermounts
Intermediate/Advanced (Bridging Class)
This is our bridging class between intermediate and advanced.
In this level, we will expect that you are comfortable in all intermediate level moves, at this level, there will be spin, drops and great feats of strength and flexibility!
Longer, stronger and more flexible tricks are what awaits you at this level.
To move into this level from V1 it is important to have mastered the following;
- Inverting both sides straight into V, no kicking
- Aerial invert on both sides
- Sit pull up climb with straight legs from floor to roof
- Shoulder mounts confidently on both sides
- 4 pull-ups in a row with no feet touching the ground between
- Handstand confidently
- Static V both sides, twisted and normal grip
- Flexibility to safely enter Bridging 2 tricks without risk of injury
In our advanced classes, we will expand and perfect on all of the skills you have and challenge you with the newest tricks and combos.
This class will push you further on your pole journey whether that be increased fitness or performance goals.
This class at the most advanced level will require strength and flexibility and as always these will be pushed to help you achieve your pole goals!
To move into this level from Bridging 2 it is important to have mastered the following;
- Aerial shoulder mounts
- 6 pull-ups in a row with no feet touching the ground in between
- Campus the pole at least a 4 hand switch
- Flexibility to safely enter advanced pole tricks without risk of injury
The VertiGal routine class is designed to help students put together their own combos of tricks they have learnt, become comfortable with floor work and increased cardio, flexibility and strength.
This class teaches a routine over either 4 or 6 weeks with each week adding a bit more on from the last week.
This class is excellent for learning how to link tricks and become a confident performer while working out hard and having fun.
We take one-off and regular private classes.
If you are interested in trying pole without committing to a full term, or you want some extra one-on-one specific training, contact us to arrange a time.
$45 per person
The Vertigal pole studio is available for commercial hire. This is STRICTLY by bookings only and subject to availability.
Hire cost is $40 plus $22.50 per client/student. All users of the studio must sign a waiver form.
Contact us to arrange a booking.